Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The sweetest sound

I just took Kira out and....the frogs are singing!
It is a clear, cool night. Lots of stars in the sky.
And now the frogs are singing.
Magical.

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 11:38 PM

Read or Post a Comment

hey Scarlett,
Just wanted to respond to your question on the Jaywalkers.
The pattern should match up every row..so the double decreases should be on top of each other and the K1 f&b should be on top of each other as well, with the K7 or 8 depending on size being in the middle..and a plain knit row in between the "pattern" row.
That is how you get the "lines" in the pattern...and also the ripple that makes the sock...
Plus 72 stitches on 1 needles sounded like a large sock to me..I usually do 50 or 60 something stitches on 0's..of course, I knit loose...
Hope this helps!
Melanie

Posted by Blogger Melanie @ 2:08 AM #
 

This is true magic indeed - actually you described it so beautifully that I could hear the singing here in my office. Thanks for that!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:04 AM #
 

I like frogs, it's frogging I'm less wild about....

Posted by Blogger yarnmaniac @ 6:52 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: The sweetest sound